Brandiuk



  • I remembered what I was going to say last week about Leif but forgot what I was going to say this week about Buttercup. 
  • The thought on Leif was that sometimes it is the unplanned that turns out to be the most amazing, in this case a gift.
  • I saw the most beautiful rain forest book I ever saw a couple years ago, then it went on sale, so I bought it. I gave it to the very next child to have a birthday, that was Leif. The book has become his favorite. Treasured, to the point that we've read the 300 pages of it over and over and he carries it around with him. 
  • Keep in mind this is a coffee table book, it is half the size of himself
  • He stares at the pages, talks about this is what it is like in Asia and these are the things that grow there. 
  • He has more rain forest animals memorized than anyone I know. 
  • This is followed only by his love affair with dinosaurs. Particularly Big Al.
  • I would hazard that Leif has seen the Big Al movie more than almost any other living person. 
  • Leif has every detail of Big Al memorized. 
  • I realized today that I will own a pass to the nearest natural history museum until the last of my children out-grow this love affair. 
  • When we bought the pass it was after a year of vacillating because as adults we vaguely believed a small natural history museum was a one-trick-pony. However, week after week of our children begging to go back we realized we needed the pass.
  • The pass has paid for itself at least 10 times this year, the pass cost $75 for our family. We have been to the museum so many times that by paying as day guests we'd have bought the pass at least 10 times over. 
  • How many times did we buy the pass before we actually broke down and bought the pass?
  • Who is complaining? I've always loved that children love natural history. I mean the only thing cooler than dinosaurs is space and this place has both!
  • Speaking of "natural history" the new computer lab section is actually a favorite of my children and today I found out why. 
  • After movies play in the largest room in the computer lab section the screen turns into a massive 20 foot tall and 40 foot wide pong game. My children discovered two controllers built in at either side of the room. 
  • My favorite part is that the entire back row of seats double as speakers and if you sit in them, interested in the show or not the sound vibrates through your body. 
  • Some of my truly happiest memories are of one of the family farms, the one in Coz. Ne. Time seemed to have an entirely different relativity there. I wish I could replicate a place like that for my own children.
  • I dearly miss my Uncle Ted's voice. 
  • How stream of consciousness does it get, thoughts on Thursdays?
  • Through some fit of madness I offered to sew something for someone. That's the definition of madness in case you were wondering. 
  • I just watched Celia spend 5 minutes to unscuccesfully try and put an ironing board down. Ah, domestic innocence. 
  • So there
0 Responses

Post a Comment