Brandiuk
Today, I lost the top-up card for my phone. Okay, wait, maybe it was 3 or 4 days ago that I lost it. Well, I didn't technically lose it since I never actually touched it. However, since it was mine, it was mine to be lost.

Today, when I realized I needed the phone for once (mostly I just stare at the phone and resent its forwardness in the leaps of technology - and the way people invite themselves into my life via my phone number) because it was snowing out and I was afraid to drive out of communication - I thought I had better really seriously this time search for the top-up card.
I didn't find it. Funnily enough, I didn't find anything else I was looking for either. After about 12 hours of looking here and there I realized that I actually have a list of things I am currently looking for. Keep in mind we have a 1400 sq ft house, you have to be pretty creative to lose things here. One thing I'm missing led to another in my thoughts.
My bank card.
My driver's license.
My sanity.
The DVD remote.
The warranty to the TV.
Total peace and serenity.
My top-up card.

To calm myself after the search became more and more aggravating I thought I would sit and read something. Too tired for books. Computer. Facebook losing interest for me. I've read the news, memorized it, tired of it. I ended up on blogs.
I don't follow blogs, by and large. I have a couple friends who blog and I like reading their blogs. It is like a closer more intimate version of them. Otherwise, I tend to just happen on blogs that suit my mood at the moment. Usually, these are peaceful parenting and or birthing blogs. Sometimes science blogs, sometimes I fall into deeper things. I came across a political activist in Africa the other day. His blog was so compelling but after a while it emotionally drained me.
Then, at some point I thought - hey, I started a blog once (or twice or so). I can't even remember the first blog I started, I can't remember the site or where to look for it. My jewels of creativity of 5 or 6 years ago are lost in the cyber-flotsam.
Then, I thought - wait, I have a blog someplace...I do...I'm sure. I remember this summer thinking I'd start one during a lull in our homeschool - when I realized we were gearing up for "real" school. I had a friend who told me blogs are a lot of work. You have to keep up with them, they are an obligation. I thought, so I'll start a blog, get a few months down to buy myself some lee-way (like paying ahead on your mortgage) and then when I'd proved to myself I could keep up with it, I'd publish it.

Ha ha.
Sorry - can't type for laughing.

Okay, deep breath.

Still it bugged me. Where was the blog? I wouldn't have linked it to my personal e-mail because I wouldn't have wanted that available to people. I wouldn't have linked it to my other e-mail address because I was tired of checking that one more than once a month. Where was it?
Then it dawned on me to try my facebook address and lo - here it is.
With the first and only post I ever wrote.
Huh - now what?
0 Responses

Post a Comment