For those of you who think I don't post enough about chickens. I hope you feel better now, knowing I'm about to talk about chickens. Or I could just not talk about chickens and throw you off the trail all together.
Actually, all I wanted to do - in response to the response I got from the story I told about our chickens stealing our catfood - was re-post something my friend Linnaea posted today.
So far owning chickens hasn't thrown me off eating chickens but then remember I grew up with a strong farm background. However, I do treat them like pets, and they are pets to me and their personalities make my life more livable. Six of one I guess.
Another post later, nothing more for today. I'm too tired and had too much of one of those days -
I leave you with this -
Actually, all I wanted to do - in response to the response I got from the story I told about our chickens stealing our catfood - was re-post something my friend Linnaea posted today.
I was sitting there, taking a bite and enjoying the delicious taste of plum sauce when suddenly I was engaged in a tug of war for my mu shu. The bottom end rips open in her beak and she greedily gobbles up shredded veggies and plum sauce, then smacks her beak with gusto before launching after it again. Giving whole new meaning to the phrase "mu shu chicken".
She stole a tiny sauted mushroom off my plate too, and then scarfed some rice, with sweet and sour sauce, before I could get it out of her reach. Naughty chicken! Meanwhile my cat was crying foul and the little dog was looking on in dismay, probably thinking that his display of good manners had been a pointless waste.There you have it. My theory is, A: it has to do with this breed, because our like chicken is as cheeky as all get-out. B: that if you raise your chicken to be proper animals then they will act like proper animals. This must be a potential IQ issue, and probably an animal rights issue as well. You don't want to think about the roast chicken in your oven as being as smart or cheeky as your cat. Unless, you're the kind of person who also eats roast cat.
So far owning chickens hasn't thrown me off eating chickens but then remember I grew up with a strong farm background. However, I do treat them like pets, and they are pets to me and their personalities make my life more livable. Six of one I guess.
Another post later, nothing more for today. I'm too tired and had too much of one of those days -
I leave you with this -
| We call this one "Omelet Surprise" |


Post a Comment