Brandiuk

  • You'd think since I'm making this post I'd actually have thoughts to share today, wouldn't you?
  • I'm starting to think there is some trend in Thursdays, some Thursdays I can't post I'm so tired, some Thursdays I can't remember what I was going to say and some Thursdays turn right smack into Fridays.
  • I've decided there is no rush in sorting the clothes since a certain Cup likes to lay on the huge pile of them and pretend she's swimming.
  • That statement probably belies how many clothes are actually in that "huge" pile.
  • Huge is not an understatement.
  • My husband said he thinks the garage is doable - words fail me - but I'm remaining positive in my approach.
  • For someone who doesn't drink it seems odd to me that so many of my thoughts turn to alcohol.
  • You should have seen me trying to explain to the pediatric nurse the other day that most of what the Cup says she saw on TV. Like the huge stitches she has in her head, or the bodies she pulled from the housefire, or how she won the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Some part of me hopes that as imperious and spoiled as this child is that she never changes a whit. 
  • sometimes, all you need is the biggest down duvet in the house and a dark room. 
  • It doesn't matter how cute they are, sooner or later you need them to be asleep in bed. 
  • Chocolate
  • Chickens of the night, shut-up! 
  • So the other day, we're walking through Sam's and I saw the cheesecake we used to buy (in another lifetime) and I said "mmm cheesecake" and then I saw some more and I said "oh look, more cheesecake" I lingered. Eventually, we moved on. Then we got home and he asked me - would you like something with your tea, and I said, "cheesecake" and he said "well you should have said something while we were out, I'd have gotten you some." Hmmm.
  • If I still have the laundry pile by Lag B'Omer who is coming for the bonfire? 
  • With my luck the fire hazard will be "very high." 
  • You know I think that very high sign is the only sign they have in New Mexico and they never even bother changing it. I felt the same way about the weather reports in England. 
  • Today, over Northern Ireland we are expecting rain. This evening there will be cold rain and tomorrow morning light rain followed by rain tomorrow. The 10 day forecast calls for rain. 
  • I think that's about it for this Thursday, I'm sure there is more. I'm tired and while I'm sure I have things to say (don't I always), I can't seem to get to a computer when I'm slept enough to say them. See you next Thursday. 
  • You know on a side-note, in the effort of maintaining the lazy theme of this blog I might very well consider all those stupid kitchy blog titles. Wordless Wednesdays and Forgetful Fridays and Stupid on Saturdays and well I made two of those up but you get the picture. Meek Mondays? Taunting Tuesdays? Ooo look that's a week. Sundays, right, I always forget one (reminds me of my parenting style) ummm Suddenly Sundays?
1 Response
  1. Brandiuk Says:

    Since I wrote this I have seen the suggestions of (as used in real life blogs of total strangers that I know through six degrees of separation) Something I love Sundays and Sappy Saturdays.
    Is the entire blogosphere utter schmaltz? If it is, is that a bad thing? Why isn't there a day of the week that I can synch with the word vent or cynical?


Post a Comment